Indianapolis Social Disability Lawyer
The Social Security Administration has a specific definition for disability. One of the biggest challenges in many cases is making it clear to the Administration that a person’s medical condition fits within the Administration’s definition of a disability.
In addition to that definition, the Social Security Administration also has what it calls listings. Essentially, this is a breakdown of medical conditions that the Administration officially considers disabilities. If your medical condition meets a listing, there is no further need to prove that you are disabled. That is why, at McKown, Whitehurst & Myers, LLP, our Indiana disability lawyer takes great care to review medical documentation to determine whether you meet a listing before moving forward.
The 14 Categories of Listings of Disability Impairments
There are 14 categories of listings for adults:
- Musculoskeletal system conditions
- Special senses and speech conditions
- Respiratory system conditions
- Cardiovascular system conditions
- Digestive system conditions
- Genitourinary impairments
- Hematological disorders
- Skin disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Impairments that affect multiple body systems
- Neurological disorders
- Mental disorders
- Malignant neoplastic diseases
- Immune system disorders
With decades of experience on our side, we are extremely familiar with these listings and can quickly determine whether you meet the disability criteria. We are happy to consult with you as you complete the application process.
Perhaps you met a listing, but your application was still denied. Do not be surprised. It is not unlikely for the Social Security Administration to miss something or, perhaps, for the documentation you provided not to clearly show that you meet a listing.
If you have been denied, we will put together the documentation necessary to move into the disability claim appeals process, starting with a request for reconsideration. You can be confident that, if you meet a listing, we will make it clear to the Social Security Administration that you should be getting the benefits you need.
Contact a Marion Disability Application Lawyer
Talk to our Marion attorney today about listings of disability impairments. You can reach us toll free from anywhere in Indiana at . Feel free to contact us via e-mail as well. We represent clients in the Marion, Indiana, Fort Wayne and Valparaiso areas.
- Veterans Disability
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Social Security Disability – An Overview
- What Are Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Who Is Eligible For Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Social Security Disability Claims Process
- The Decision And Appeal
- Frequently Asked Questions About Social Security Disability
- Social Security Disability Resource Links
- Personal Injury